Monday, July 16, 2007

Why it has come to this.

So. Ikea, you really want to know why we're breaking up? This story may be hard for you to hear, and even harder for you to believe. Truth is often stranger than fiction, so the saying goes. Why, after the thousands of dollars I've spent on you over the years do we break up over a $10 item? Well, here's why:

"HENRIKSDAL
Bar stool with backrest
Key features:
Removable, machine washable cover; easy to keep clean.
Padded seat for great sitting comfort.
Footrest for extra sitting comfort.
Chair legs of solid wood, a hardwearing natural material.
$59.99"


Easy to keep clean? EASY TO KEEP CLEAN (Yes, I'm shouting) ?? A product designed for use in a kitchen made out of white fabric? Crazy Swede, you have to be joking.
Removable? Maybe with a pair of forceps and a couple of hours to kill.
These covers are on tighter than Kenny Chesney's trousers.
You see my evil Swedish ex-storefriend, herein lies the problem, I own no less than six of these silly Henriksdal stools, and while removing a cover on one (that my cat had so unceremoniously soiled), the highly pulled, stretched and strained seam gave way. Riiip. Done for.
So, now I'm stuck with a ripped cover, and a perfectly good chair.
So, I do what any normal consumer would do, I call Ikea....

No comments: