Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I refuse to fight the Ikea giant

I've been spending the morning reading Ikea posts online (I should really be working). My blog is just one of many dedicated to how much Ikea sucks. Just Google "Ikea sucks, I hate Ikea, Fuck Ikea" or any combination of 'Ikea' and a negative, and you'll see that I'm not alone. In fact, we should probably unionize.
It is apparently not uncommon to be slain by the Ikea customer service giant. I guess their motto is, "Keep transferring irate customer until they give up". I, in fact, don't even want to start, because I know that I have the same odds of survival as an altar boy at a priest convention, i.e. I'm screwed. An hour on the phone yesterday was enough. They are a larger foe than I can tackle.
I wouldn't be surprised, however if someone goes 'IKEA' someday, instead of going 'Postal'. The employees are made to be miserable because the customer service they are required to provide is nil. That makes customers surly, and in turn they take it out on the hapless employees. I think their ex-Nazi founder Ingvar Feodor Kamprad (yet he was an actual Nazi), should work for week at the customer service counter. Not like that would ever happen.

No comments: