Monday, July 16, 2007

This is going to be a long story

The crux of my beef with Ikea has much to do with this:

This is my kitchen island. I love my kitchen island. The rest of my loft is designed around this piece. It is mostly from Ikea (with the exception of the stainless steel wraparound cover). The cabinets, butcher-block top, doors, handles, shelves, and last but not least, the six Henriksdal bar stools are from, you guessed it, Ikea. This was a labor of love, that took no less than three trips to Stoughton, Massachusetts's to complete.
But, don't forget we do crazy things for love, right? And I love my island, and I love to cook and entertain.
The one thing that worried me about my island were the stools and specifically, their lily-white covers. But, I was willing to risk white chairs in my kitchen since:
a.) I have no children
b.) They're cute and comfy
c.) The covers are removable and washable.

Supposedly.

No comments: